Teflon® Facts and Trivia1
- PTFE is inert to virtually all chemicals and is considered the most slippery material in existence.
- Teflon® has been involved in the U.S. space program since the program's infancy. The moon module used in the historic moon landing of 1969 included numerous applications involving Teflon® resin.
- As a liquid, Teflon® repels water and stains for apparel, home fashions, furniture, and uniform markets.
- Teflon® is used in the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor as well as the George Washington Bridge in New York State.
- Albion is the only caulking gun company to use Teflon® as a barrel coating material inside and out.
1The history of Teflon® by DuPont.